Solo Travel Tips for Visiting the Space Coast For an Incredible Experience
If you’re looking to take a solo getaway, Florida’s beautiful Space Coast is the perfect destination. With kind locals, unique activities, and gorgeous coastlines, what more could you ask for? Before venturing off on your journey, let’s take a look at some solo travel tips to ensure the most incredible Space Coast experience.
Whether you’re looking to kick back and relax or indulge in adventure, there’s something for every kind of solo traveler on the Space Coast.
What is Florida’s Space Coast?
First of all, you may be wondering what exactly Florida’s Space Coast is. This area is situated on the Eastern coast of central Florida. This 72 mile stretch of coastline and beaches goes from Palm Bay to Titusville. Along the Space Coast, you can find various water activities, abundant nature, the famous Kennedy Space Center, and so much more.
Solo Travel Tips and Things to Do on the Space Coast
Space Coast travel is ideal for those exploring solo. It’s safe, there’s a ton to do, and many opportunities to meet other people. It’s even thought to be one of the best places for solo female travelers. With that said, it’s loved by just about everyone who visits!
Let’s dive into the best places to stay, how to get around, and things to do.
Where to Stay
Florida’s Space Coast is an extremely safe area so anywhere you stay is a good choice. There’s also plenty to do all over, so you really can’t go wrong with your accommodation. If you’re looking to be in the center of the action, check out these noteworthy hotel options. They’re located near popular attractions including Kennedy Space Center, the Brevard Zoo, dining, shopping, beaches, and more.
When traveling solo, you always want to be mindful of your surroundings to ensure your safety. When it comes to getting around the Space Coast, it’s not a very walkable city as things are spread out. However, there are several downtown areas to explore on foot. Overall, it’s best to travel by car or use rideshare services such as Uber and Lyft. There are also public transportation services.
Explore Instagrammable Spots
If we’re being completely honest, one of the best parts of vacation is snapping neat photos. One of the most fun activities in the area is to explore Instagrammable spots because there are so many unique ones. Here are some top photo-ops:
- Eau Gallie Arts District: a neighborhood that features street art, quirky restaurants, and art galleries
- Crush XI: a trendy restaurant serving photo-worthy cocktails
- Pelican Beach: breathtaking views at sunrise
- Castaway Point Park: a gorgeous river-front park with incredible scenery and wildlife
Check out our complete guide to the 13 most instagrammable places.
Relax on the Beach
You shouldn’t take a trip to the Space Coast without getting plenty of beach time in. The Space Coast offers plenty of seaside experiences. Check out some of the best beaches:
- Cocoa Beach popular area filled with action
- Sebastian Inlet: water activities and seashell hunting
- Paradise Beach & Park: less crowded beach with food trucks
- Cherie Down Park: quiet beach off the beaten track
- Playalinda Beach: a laid-back serene atmosphere
Attend Popular Events
If you’re looking for what to do on the Space Coast as a solo traveler, you’re in luck. Events seem to always be happening. From live music to festivals and farmer’s markets, there’s always something to do. Attending events is also a great way to socialize if that’s what you’re looking for!
Take a look at these popular Space Coast events.
Participate in Guided Activities
One entertaining way to keep yourself busy and meet other travelers is to go on guided tours. The Space Coast has a ton to offer!
- Wander the area by bicycle with Space Coast Bike Tours.
- Learn to surf with Surf Guys Surf
- Explore natural beauties with Adventure Kayak.
- Take a Space Coast River Tour and hang out with wildlife.
- Experience Space Coast’s food scene with Village Food Tours.
Eat Like a Local
One thing Floridians have down is delicious cuisine. When traveling solo, one of the best ways to experience a new place is to eat as the locals do. From fresh seafood to their infamous key lime pie, solo travelers can easily eat their way through the Space Coast. Here are some top suggestions:
- Satisfying breakfast at Oh Biscuit
- Lunch at the quirky Hemingway’s Tavern
- Dinner with a view at Yellow Dog Cafe
- Lowkey dessert at Del’s Freeze
Get more Space Coast restaurant ideas here.
If you enjoy a happening night scene, Space Coast offers plenty of fun times after the sun goes down.
- Lou’s Blues Bar & Grill: beachside tunes and drinks
- Beach Shack: cocktail bar on the water
- Monkey Bar: sports bar with music
- Executive Cigar Shop & Lounge: laid-back drinks and cigar bar
- Hell ‘n Blazes Brewing: craft beer and game room
- Gregory’s Upstairs Comedy Club: quaint comedy club serving dinner and drinks
When visiting the Space Coast, we hope these solo travel tips and the inside scoop on how to enjoy your time will provide you with a top-notch experience. For more on how to spend your time in this slice of paradise, check out this area guide.